- Varsity Volleyball Coach at Central High School and Kennedy High School
- Burnsville Thunder: U12, U14 and U16.
- National Coaching Certification/Licensure
- NCR Coach Trained level 1 and 2
- Currently the Head of the Math Department and Junior Class Advisor at Central High School where she has taught for 21 years.
- All American in Volleyball and Basketball at Concordia University, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Inducted into the Concordia Hall of Fame in Volleyball and Basketball
I believe that the ability to coach is a gift. One I cherish every year as I am able to work with players, parents and colleagues. Volleyball is one if not the most technical sports there is to learn. It must come in steps and progressions as the player gains playing time and knowledge.
As players grow in the sport the coach should also help them grow as a person. There is no I in team, but there is a “me”, an “eat” and an “am”. Players need to be helped to develop themselves mentally and physically as well as good eating habits to make those both possible. They also need to be able to exist when times are good and when times are hard. A coach should be able to guide them in developing throughout the season.
A coach must plan ahead, practices, games and a season goal. I believe that every player must get their time to play, or what are the parents investing in. Any unskilled coach can pick a team it takes a real coach to make sure that everyone has roles to play and feels valued. My players play, every match.
I am honored to coach every year. I am happy to have the faith that you have put in me to develop your athlete. It is one I take very seriously and very much to heart. My door is open. I will be honest with you. I hope for the best from all of us this season.