2019-2020 Thunder JO Season
|U12 & U12 Abbreviated
||4th thru 6th Grade
|U13 & U13 Abbreviated
||7th grade or Below
||8th grade or below
||9th grade or below
||10th grade or below
||11th grade or below
General Full Season Overview
Practice/Training Schedule, Times and Duration
We try to make sure that practices are scheduled on a consistent basis. That said, we are not in control of the facilities we use for practice sessions. As a result, times and dates for scheduled practices may change last minute. Should that be the case, you will be notified of the change by your coach and/or our website. We typically provide the younger age groups with early time slots and the older age groups with the later slots see the information below.
All Age Groups
A combination of: Monday, Tuesday or Thursday (occasionally Friday when schedules dictate)
Possible Time Slots: 6:00 – 8:00pm, 6:30 – 8:30pm or 7:00 – 9:00pm
Estimated Season Fee Range
|U12 & U13 Abbreviated
Season Fee’s are subject to change! A number of variables impact season fees (# of players, teams, tournaments etc.). Your actual season fee will be determined after teams are selected. You will be informed of the actual season fee at the registration meeting.
Abbreviated Season Details
- Practices will be held 1 time per week with the same details as above
- Teams will participate in 5-6 tournaments for one day of the weekend
- Uniform Package will include: 1 jersey, 1 shorts, & 1 practice t-shirt
- This shortened season will allow other players to participate in other sports or school/church/community activities while still participating on a club volleyball team for an introductory season
Season Fee Information
INCLUDED in your season fee
- Practice T-shirts (2)
- Tournament Entry Fee’s
- USAV Registration Fee’s
- Coaching fee’s
- Insurance Coverage
- Gym Time (Practices)
- Administrative/Overhead Costs
NOT INCLUDED in your season fee
- Tournament t-shirts
- Any other ancillary costs associated with any of the tournaments or leagues we participate in
Mandatory Registration Meeting (Player/Parent)
Players and parent/s/guardians are required to attend the registration meeting appropriate for their age level.
2019-2020 Date for U12-U14: Thursday, October 10th at 6:00 PM
2019-2020 Date for U15-U17: Thursday, November 14th at 6:00 PM
Burnsville Senior High School
600 State Hwy 13, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Shoes - It is important that your daughter have the right kind of shoes. Please make sure that she has an actual "volleyball" shoe.
- Knee Pads
- Ankle Brace(s)
- If your daughter has issues with her ankles or has had an ankle injury (sprain or break) in the past, we require that she wear an ankle brace during all play/practice activities
- Volleyball - We ask that each player have her own volleyball for practice at home
All equipment can be purchased locally at Midwest Volleyball Warehouse in Burnsville, Dick's Sporting Goods, or online realators such as Amazon. There may be other retailers locally that provide Volleyball equipment.
Teams always need helpers!
Your coach will let you know what is needed…please don’t hesitate to offer your time!
- Food / Lodging coordinator for tournaments
- Practice helpers (shag balls, help with drills etc.)
- Team statistics / Score Keepers (official)
- Team Building Coordinator (pizza parties, sleep over’s...fun stuff that brings the team together)
- Picture / Video Coordinator
Parent / Coach Conflict Policy
As the parent of a volleyball player, if you have occasion to “passionately” disagree with a decision that your daughters coach has made, you must observe a 24 hr. cooling off period before contacting the coach. Ultimately, unless the situation warrants it, parent involvement in matters of playing time, position or other game related issues is not acceptable. We want and expect the players to be able to communicate with their coach first. If after that things are not resolved, parent involvement is allowable. Situations that warrant it will be mediated by our board of directors.
Playing Time & Positions
This is competitive volleyball. Guaranteed playing time is not a reality especially at the older age levels. We do strive for fair playing time whenever possible at the younger age levels 12-13s. Early on, players show tendencies towards certain positions…from a competitive standpoint, depending on the makeup of the team, players will most likely be asked to play those positions. All good VB players must understand all the positions and must possess a basic skill set for each position. They will receive some of that training during practice sessions…Should a player want to develop a skill set further, there are off season opportunities via clinics and camps.
Thunder Volleyball Bullying Policy
We expect our players, parents and staff to act (on or off the court, at home or in school)in a way that fosters a safe, civil and non-threatening environment in which all players, coaches and parents are treated with dignity and respect. Our policy outlines what we consider bullying behavior and highlights the potential ramifications should an incident ocurr. It is mandatory that all participants understand our policy and sign a declaration of said understanding. The bullying policy is available for download on our website and will be made available to all at the registration meetings.